Sunday 3 August 2014

Wearing and Writing

Hey you gorgeous readers!

Little mini update. My notebook has died :( this means I've had to revert back to my old trusty laptop. Can't believe I'll be without my poor baby for 20 working days! 20!! At least I'll see it soon. Still, don't fancy lugging my massive old one around so I can write in Starbucks!

In other news, I'm over halfway into my Multi Layer Bandaging. There have been a few twists and turns. I've seen great results (again) so far. But on Friday I got asked if I would like to try a bandaging called KTwo. This type of bandaging meant that I'd be able to wear my ACTUAL SHOES while being compressed. I jumped at the chance. 

All was going great. I was loving that I could wear flip flops. BUT I soon was unable to feel my toes- they had gone numb with pins and needles. As soon as I arrived home I unwrapped all the good, hard work my therapist had done. Colour soon flooded back. I re-wrapped as well as I could only to then awake through the night in yet more pain. In order to sleep, I left the top layer off. 
The next day I was taking my notebook to the tech hospital, so re-wrapped. I had less issues until later in the night. I had gone to sleep in just the one layer, but was in so much pain I unravelled it all. Better safe than thrombosis. 

All of today I have been in 2 compression garments and stayed off my feet as much as possible. At least I'm not in pain. What is good is that I've finally finished watching both seasons of Grimm and started Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. Swings and roundabouts. 

So my post is misleading so far... I haven't spoken about wearing yet!
To the clothing... I donned a stunning canary yellow UK GLAMOROUS 60s inspired shift dress with sandals for the tech appointment, complete with beehive quiff. I also bought a cute magnetic academic diary from Paperchase. I adore floral.  

For MY hospital appointments I've been living in my Nike shorts and Ralp Lauren Polo Shirts. 

I've also added a picture of me drinking butterbeer in Harry Potter World Studio Tour, with all this time on my hands, I'm trying to find a great butterbeer recipe... Suggestions welcome :)

Top & Jeans- H&M 
Bag- Mulberry
Sunglasses- Bvlgari

Dress- UK GLAMOROUS at Bank
Sandals- Primark
Ring- Pandora

Diary- Paperchase £12

The before picture

Shorts- Nike
Polo Shirt- Ralph Lauren
Sunglasses- Dorothy Perkins
Ring- Pandora
Flip Flops- Trespass

The KTwo bandaging. Looks attractive...

Multi Layer Bandaging progress so far

Lots of love 
xoxox

Copyright Lauren Toner 2011-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment