Wednesday 28 May 2014

Checking In

Hey Gorgeous people!

So what's been happening since I last spoke!?

I've agreed to write a blog post for Womb Cancer Support UK. Currently finalising my ideas. So excited to get writing. I'll update so you know when to keep an eye out. I feel so honoured to be asked to guest blog, especially as my Lymphoedema is primary not secondary. I can't imagine what it must be like to go through horrific treatment, think you're in the clear then be bombarded with information about Lymphoedema and realise that this new condition will last the rest of your life in place of the original disease. There are so many strong individuals out there who need their praises sung. My heart goes out to you.

My facebook group has steadily been increasing in member requests, which I'm super happy about but this also means it takes longer to vet the requests to ensure they are genuine. Sarah, owner of the group 'I live with lymphoedema but won't let it rule my life' has been a godsend, keeping me updated with suspicious individuals who might not have the sufferers in their best interest. Thank you Sarah. You will not understand how grateful I am for your input.

Keeping in line with my facebook group- it has received some support from the Lymphoedema Support Network (LSN), I was so shocked to read 'our friends in lymphoedema fashion are very excited about...' 
We are becoming known... bigger, better (hopefully) with more and more information, friends and ideas being shared every day. It's an exciting place to be at the moment. Never thought it would reach over 700 friends!

Hopefully, will be starting a lymphie based Instagram page. We need to explore all the avenues possible. There's a niche in the market. The more awareness the better. I'm in talks with a good friend about us setting it up. WATCH THIS SPACE! 

In my personal battle... I've booked another stretch of Multi Layer Lymphoedema Bandaging for my leg to be at its best for my friend's hen. Can't wait to se the results again! Never thought I'd be so excited to look like a mummy.

Can't wait to keep you updated.
Lots of love xoxox

Copyright Lauren Toner 2011-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment